Statutory Notice Consultation
Consultation on Preschool admissions at Jewell Academy from September 2022
In accordance with the Schools Admissions Code, Jewell Academy would like to consult with you on the proposed changes to its Admissions Policy for 2022/23. Admission authorities may propose variations where they consider such changes to be necessary in view of a major change in circumstances. Jewell Academy, as the admissions authority, is seeking comments on the proposed change detailed below.
The consultation will last for 6 weeks (excluding the Christmas break) from Friday 27 November 2020 to 4pm on Friday 22 January 2021.
We are consulting with the following groups:
- Parents and carers in the area
- The wider community including local councils
- The education local authorities
- Schools in the area
The groups are being consulted in the following way:
- Statutory Notice placed on the academy website and the website of the Aspirations Academies Trust.
- Letters will be sent to all head teachers within the immediate locality of the academy.
- Letters will also be sent to the education department of Dorset council.
Jewell Academy is proposing to add in criteria and process for the admission of children to the preschool with effect from 1st September 2022. We are not anticipating any other changes to our admissions policy. This proposal is being considered due to the following determining factor: There is currently no determined process for parents/carers who are wishing to send their child/ren to Jewell preschool.
How to Respond
This consultation will run from Friday 27 November 2020 to Friday 22 January 2021 and you are invited to submit comments in writing to:
You can find full details and download our Admissions Policy here: www.jewell-aspirations.org